When it comes to home improvement, we pay attention to every little detail. Flooring is an important part of this. The flooring of your home leaves its impact on the look of your home. These days the trend of laminate flooring has increased a lot in the house. They are very economical and they are also very easy to install. Not only this, but their smooth finish also gives a very special look to the house. Perhaps this is the reason why people prefer to have laminate flooring. Laminate flooring is a hybrid floor made from particleboard wood. It is considered very auspicious for the home.
However, like another flooring, laminate flooring also has its advantages and disadvantages. Therefore, before installing them in your home, it is important that you know about both their advantages and disadvantages. So, today in this article we are telling you about the advantages and disadvantages of laminate flooring-
Advantages of Laminate Flooring
There are many benefits of getting laminate flooring done. For example-
- The biggest advantage of getting laminate flooring is that it is considered a more durable option. Usually, wood can have dents, but it's pretty good that way. It is made of hardwood and hence is less prone to scratches and dents.
- Laminate flooring is perfect for semi-moist conditions. You can get it installed in the kitchen and those rooms where you need frequent mopping.
- If you do not want to spend a lot of time cleaning the floor, then go for laminate flooring. This type of laminate flooring can be easily cleaned with the help of a vacuum cleaner or even just a broom.
- Generally when it comes to getting the flooring done in the house, it is definitely a big cost. But when it comes to laminate flooring, it is very affordable. Their cost is very less. That's why you can consider using them at home.
- Laminate flooring is also known as floating wooden flooring. They are also called so because they are very easy to install.
Disadvantages of Laminate Flooring
While there are some advantages of having laminate flooring, it also has its own disadvantages-
- If you have got laminate flooring done then use floor cleaner should be more careful as if you do wrong it can spoil the quality of your floor.
- Where laminate flooring is considered suitable for semi-moist conditions, but cannot tolerate standing water or heavy dampness. This is the reason that avoids using them in areas like bathrooms etc. that are in constant contact with water in the house.
- These floorings are made of hardwood and hence are not prone to scratches. But if there are deep scratches in them then they cannot be refinished. In such a situation, there is a need to change them.